Subject: Re: gdb trouble
From: David Starks-Browning <[email-masked]>
To: "vipin aravind" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 12:13:53 +0000

On Tuesday 20 Nov 01, vipin aravind writes:
> oops  sorry  the  executeable  was  created  as a.exe and gdb a  worked
> How   do  I get  the prefix  same as the source file.

"man gcc" or "info gcc"

will tell you:

	gcc -o test test.c

does what you are asking.  BUT DON'T DO THAT!!!

Don't create executables called "test" or "test.exe".  Unix (and thus
Cygwin) has its own version of "test", and you will have trouble
getting the right "test" invoked.

Choose some other name instead:

	gcc -o myprog test.c
or	gcc -o a test.c

Regards,
David

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/