Subject: Getting sharutils : a problem with setup?
From: "fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Fergus on Linux" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 07:56:31 -0000

Since noticing your announcement about "new : sharutils" I've paid a few
visits to [more than one] download site, but after rotating through View,
still get "nothing to install/update". I've looked at setup.ini, which
mentions it, correctly addressed, in a line beginning install:. I've looked
at the provision on the download site[s], and there it is in
latest/sharutils/. I've checked my local /etc/setup/installed.db file, which
contains no mention of it [correctly, because I haven't got it].

If I'm mis-managing setup.exe, please can you tell me where I am failing:
but it looks to me at the moment as though "upgrades" are handled well by
the setup.exe/.ini duet along with a user's installed.db, but maybe not
"new" installations?

Thank you.

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/