Subject: recent cygwin update changed $HOME
From: Garrett Anderson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 13:02:47 -0700

[ apologies if this has already been discussed ]

Hello --

Up until recent cygwin update, the " virtual root" for cygwin 
environment was under "/cygdrive/c/cygwin/".   Thus, the cygwin 
environment read the "/cygwin/c/cygwin/etc/passwd" file for shell and 
$HOME.  

After recent update:   the "root" has changed to "/cygdrive/c"

Why did this happen and how do I change this to previous??    I have 
gratuitous shell script / apps / etc. that depend on previous "virtual 
root".    I assume this can now be set via some init. parameter (in bash??).

Please advise -- and why the change??  Thanks -GA

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/