Subject: Re: no more package moratorium?
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
Cc: Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 12:30:56 +0100

> I'd very much doubt that Chris would be happy with http basic authentication
> given it's security issues, unless wrapped in SSL. And doing that takes CPU
> which I understand sources.redhat.com to be a little short on right now.

right, SSL-enabling for webdav based uploading and package maintaince
would be easily to implement. I agree with CPU time issue on
sources.redhat.com, that's why I suggest an independant machine for
the whole Cygwin project.

> However, this is not my decision. I just think that a database with web
> interface for maintaining this data is doing it the wrong way around. A web
> interface to view the data yes, and Chris's package list allows that
> trivially. A web interface to change, don't make sense to me. However, if
> you can convince the other current maintainers, and are willing to
> completely rewrite this when setup handles embedded meta data - such as rpm
> has - then I won't object.

Let's see how my prototype design will look like. I think it's the
best way to "see" what we may do with it and then descide if it is
considered usefull.

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/