Subject: Re: no more package moratorium?
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>, Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 00:25:46 +0100

> > > What about existing packages?  Specifically, it would be grand if
> > > tetex-beta would either get fixed or removed.
> >
> > IMO, any "released" tagged package should have it's maintainer, who
> > decides and tracks done error and bugs. So in ER specification we have
> > a [package] n <-> 1 [maintainer] relation.
> 
> We have that, it's just recorded in the list archives :}. And hopefully
> soon to be recorded in setup.hint. IMO this should not be recorded
> separately from the package metadata (setup.hint).

why? if the metadata is held in a database and all setup.hints are
generated out of it we have no problems about consistence?!

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/