Subject: Re: tetex-beta nitpicking [WAS: Re: no more package moratorium?]
From: "Robert Collins" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Jerome BENOIT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:08:22 +1100

>  > > Just installing Tetex-beta is not enough, as explained by the
>  > > Tetex-beta readme.
>  >
>  > Yes, I know.  That's why we can't use it.  Users in general won't
read
>  > READMEs, let alone they would be able to follow simple instructions
>  > :-(
>  >
>  > The fact that there's a README with instructions, instead of an
>  > additional tetex package, for example, tells me that there is some
>  > intelligent user-interaction required.

Agreed. If there is missing files/a missing package then that needs to
be addressed in setup/the packages. having a README and user interaction
isn't always a bad thing, but in this case it sounds like it is.

...
> copy of the teTeX texmf tree is made part of the distribution. Would
> that be possible?

Jerome, oh Jerrrrooooome, care to comment on either including the texmf
tree (whatever that is) or does it require adding a new pacakge?

And if it needs a new package - do you want to do that, or is it up for
grabs?

Rob

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/