Subject: Re: tetex-beta nitpicking [WAS: Re: no more package moratorium?]
From: "Robert Collins" <[email-masked]>
To: "Markus Hoenicka" <[email-masked]>, "Jan Nieuwenhuizen" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:07:32 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Nieuwenhuizen" <[email-masked]>

> Having a broken package that doesn't get fixed by it's maintainer is
> arguably worse than having none at all.  Maybe Cygwin should introduce
> something like Debian's Non-maintainer uploads to address this
problem?

NMU's require a consistent and self documenting package management
system - which we do not have today. Once we have that, then I've no
problem with this concept.

Rob

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/