Subject: Re: new site for my ports is up
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Jochen Küpper <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 23:49:28 +0100

> Well, have you considered /opt?

I think the problem with the POSIX style root splitting is that most
open source packages that use autoconf's configure scripts do assume
/usr/local as there default home.

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/