Subject: Re: tetex-beta nitpicking [WAS: Re: no more package moratorium?]
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>, Markus Hoenicka <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: 15 Nov 2001 21:15:39 +0100

Charles Wilson <[email-masked]> writes:

> Okay, now this sounds like lilypond is using a modified *cygwin*
> setup.exe. 

Yes.  There was a moratorium on packages, so to get cygwin's setup.exe
to download and install the precompiled lilypond tarball (and guile,
and an out-of-the-box-working tex), there was no choice but use a
modified version.

> Does lilypond distribute it's own version of MiKTeX, using the cygwin
> setup.exe to do the installation (of the custom MikTeX, and the lilypond
> stuff)? 

Yes, indeed, that's it.  I think there have been attempts to fix
tetex-beta, to work right out of the box, but up till now, no-one has
successfully done this and contributed it.  So, we continue to include
miktex...

> Geez.  I started out trying to clarify the issue, and ended up confusing
> myself.

:-)

Jan.

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/