Subject: Re: pthread_create -- no callback?
From: "Lassi A. Tuura" <[email-masked]>
To: Evan Pollan <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:34:18 +0100

> Yeah, arg problem noted.  Oversight on my part, thanks.  However, the thread
> callback still appears to be a problem.  Here's a more simplified example:

Compile with warnings; on linux I use: g++ -W -Wall
-Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -Wnested-externs
-Woverloaded-virtual -Wbad-function-cast -ansi -pedantic -pthread.

Check the pthread return values for errors.

Doing either of these will show you exactly where your problem is.  Make
both practises a habit.

HTH,
//lat
-- 
This planet has -- or rather had -- a problem, which was this: most
of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time.
Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these
were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of
paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green
pieces of paper that were unhappy.  --Douglas Adams

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/