Subject: Re: cygwin 2.78.2.9: ftp doesn't connect
From: "David A. Cobb" <[email-masked]>
To: "Shing-Fat (Fred) Ma" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 15:06:41 -0500

Shing-Fat (Fred) Ma wrote:

> OK, I'm upgraded now.  Thank!
> 
> ftp works, but only if I disable ZoneAlarm firewall.
> ZoneAlarm does ask whether to grant access to ftp.exe,
> but nothing happens thereafter.  Is cooperation with firewalls
> something which requires extra stuff on the part of cygwin, or
> would it be a problem with ZoneAlarm?
> 

> Fred

FIWI, I also have ZoneAlarm, I never disable it to run anything Cygwin, 
and I do not have this problem.  I assume you DID answer "Yes" to allow 
the connection and CHECK the "Remember this decision" box, yes?

Also, make sure the FTP you're picking up is the Cygwin FTP not the 
FTP.EXE in %WinDir%.  Other than that, I do it all the time.

-- 
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate, All around 
nice guy.
New PGP key 09/13/2001:
:<http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit&\
fingerprint=on>
:<http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit&\
fingerprint=on>
Fingerprint=0x{E7C6_4EE2_6B75_5BA3_C52E__77FA_63C3_9366_DCFB_229B}
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner."
--The Way of a Pilgrim, R. M. French [tr.]
Potentially Viral Software is any software for which you are not allowed
to examine the source.  Do not buy or use Potentially Viral Software!

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/