Subject: Re: aux.c special name?
From: "Fergus" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Fergus on Linux" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:29:44 -0000

> I can't seem to edit any files named "aux.c".
> Why is this happening to me?

Don't worry, you haven't been singled out for special unwelcome attention.
It's another Windows "feature". You won't be able to create or edit (maybe
even view) any file with the name aux or aux.*, or con or con.*, or prn or
prn.* ... probably loads of others ... nul and nul.* I guess ... because
they are reserved terms. There may be ways round this, but I just can't
think what they might be. Re-naming, and then editing any scripts that call
such files, is a slow-and-nasty fix.

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/