Subject: Unable to create lic handle for license.dll
From: Andrew DeFaria <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Andrew DeFaria <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:59:54 -0800

I'm using Clearcase LT 4.1 on Windows 2000/NT and Cygwin 1.3.3. Very 
often I get the following:

$ cleartool ls
cleartool: Error: Unable to create lic handle for license.dll.
cleartool: Error: You do not have a license to run ClearCase_LT.

To clear this up all I need to do is issue a cleartool command from a 
cmd.exe prompt. After doing that in another window I can return to my 
Cygwin bash shell and reissue the cleartool command without a problem. 
Later this problem will reappear. It worse than annoying in that I 
cannot reliably write scripts that issue cleartool command over large 
file sets. It's nearly impossible for a long script issuing many 
cleartool commands to complete successfully. I know that I'm not out of 
licenses so I suspect that Cygwin is having a problem somewhere when 
trying to load license.dll. Is this a known problem and is there a 
solution.

Email would be preferred as I am not yet signed on to any of the mail 
lists for CCIUG and Cygwin.

Thanks.
-- 
Salira <http://www.salira.com>

Ethernet Simple, Fiber Fast

------------------------------------------------------------------------
2698 Orchard Parkway
San Jose, California 95134
Phone: (408)-325-8700x121
Email: [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]%3E>
Web: http://www.salira.com

Andrew DeFaria <http://www.defaria.com>

Clearcase Administrator
Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
Home http://www.defaria.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/