Subject: Re: 1.3.4: Filenames ending with a dot
From: "Fergus" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Fergus on Linux" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:26:31 -0000

It's not a bug, it's a Windows feature. Windows thinks a file named filename
is the same as the file named filename. is the same as the file named
filename.. ... etc.

Even less conveniently, it thinks the file named filename is the same as the
file named Filename is the same as the file named fileName ... etc.
Unfortunately you just have to live with it. (You can all it any one of
these, say fileName, and that's what will come up in response to dir under
Windows or ls under Cywin: so the case combination you choose is
"remembered", but all other combinations spelled the same way are now
unuseable in any distinguishable way.)

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/