Subject: Different console ouput functions
From: Ignasi Villagrasa <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 18:06:27 +0000

I'm migrating to Cygwin a Watcom C++ based program.

It uses printf function as well as Win32 API console output calls. I 
don't know why, but only Win32 API functions work fine. Standard library 
functions don't do anything.

I built the program linking to crtdll at first and to msvcrt 
later.Function printf never works properly . It doesn't print anything. 
On the other side,  for instance, function WriteConsoleOutput has no 
problems.

I think perhaps different find of functions print to different virtual 
consoles, but I don't know cygwin enough to know where to configure it.

So I'd be very glad if someone could give me a hint.

Thanks in advance, Ignasi Villagrasa.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/