Subject: gdb questions
From: Ignasi Villagrasa <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 08:46:04 +0000

Hi everyone,

I'm migrating several programs from Watcom 10.5 to gcc compiler. I'm 
using gdb to debug some code and have two quetions.

1)   When I run gdb following information appears:

C:\WINNT\system32>gdb -nw
GNU gdb 5.0 (20010428-1)
Copyright 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain 
conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin".
      0 [main] gdb 924 init_cygheap::etc_changed: Can't open /etc for 
checking,
Win32 error 50
(gdb)

I think this is a configuration issue, but I don't know what to check. 
I'd need a hint.

2) I'm trying to run gdb.exe to debug a program with several parameters.

I've seen there is an option, set argvs, inside gdb command line to this 
purpose. But in order to automatize the process I'd like to know if 
there's any gdb command line option or any config file where I can add 
these parameters. I haven't seen any.

Thanks in advance, Ignasi Villagrasa.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/