Subject: RE: 'mkgroup -d' does not return groups local to the PDC
From: "Matt.Wilkie" <[email-masked]>
To: John Peacock <[email-masked]>, "Matt.Wilkie" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 14:18:07 -0800

Hi John,

Thanks for the swift response.

> > Issuing "mkgroup --domain DEPT" shows me all of the Global groups
> > from Supervisor. However it doesn't show me the groups which are
> > Local to the machine Supervisor.
> 
> Why would you expect it to?  

Because there are two methods that I know of to do this using NT 
tools. :) One is the User Manager and the other is a commandline 
utility which comes with the NT Resource Kit: AddUsers.exe.

> p.s. of course, I could be wrong ;~)

I hope so :P

-matt

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Matt Wilkie * Yukon Renewable Resources GIS
http://renres.gov.yk.ca/pubs/rrgis/
-----------------------------------------------------------------

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/