Subject: RE: [BUG] in Setup (IMHO), concerning version scanning & extentions
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: Ronald Landheer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 02 Nov 2001 20:46:25 +1100

On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 20:32, Ronald Landheer wrote:

> I agree that it's bad practice on the maintainers behalf, but I think 
> Setup should be able to handle it anyway: either it should not offer a 
> package it won't be able to unpack, or it should be able to unpack 
> anything it offers (regardless of whether it's .gz or .bz2, and 
> regardless of where it happens to live: if found & offered, make good 
> the offer).

Granted. I just have no motivation to fix it, but if you have the time,
or someone else does, I won't object to patches that address this
cleanly.

> Nope: when I downloaded the tree, that's where it was - not in 
> latest/newlib-man but in latest/cygwin.
> BTW: this is a *second* error - the first one (sloppy maintainers) is 
> a different one (though it boils down to the same thing: offering what 
> it doesn't do)

Hmm, that's funny, setup.ini lists it as latest/newlib-man/...
can you get reproduce the funny download behaviour?
 
Rob

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/