Subject: setup.exe -- in case you haven't noticed
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 22:59:59 -0500

Robert Collins has volunteered to take over maintainership of setup.exe.
Robert is the person who contributed the current category/dependency code
to setup.exe as well as a lot of other improvements and bug fixes.

Other setup.exe luminaries include Mat Hargett, Michael Chase, and Brian
Keener -- as well as the usual cast of cygwin developers.

I'd like to publicly thank Robert for taking on this chore.  I'm really
looking forward to getting the new setup.exe "live" on cygwin.com.  As
everyone can see, he's already making tremendous progress towards this
goal.

Btw, the new setup will enable us to have an "X11" category that will
help people over in cygwin-xfree with their installation issues.  This
is one of the things that prompted the new setup.exe development.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/