Subject: Re: setup testers wanted
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: "S. Cowles" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 02 Nov 2001 10:41:05 +1100

On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 10:29, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 05:09, S. Cowles wrote:

> > There were only three points I noticed about this version:  1) it
> > doesn't respond to my mouse wheel (logitech) 2) the viewable scroll area
> > doesn't exhibit all of the text for the ssmtp module and 3) selecting
> > source for a dozen or so modules never gave the tickbox option of
> > downloading source.
> 

> 3) Thanks - this is a definite bug.

On deeper inspection, I can't make this happen. If the package set to
"keep", then src is n/a. If you click on keep until it becomes "source"
you will download the source. Or if you choose to reinstall or install a
different version than the current the source tickbox can be selected.

Is this the same behaviour you see? 

I suspect from your feedback that this is non-intuitive... If you've got
any insight into _why_ this confused you (ie the change from the current
setup, the lack of visual hints or explanation... :]) please speak up.

If this is not the same behaviour, can you detail how to get the
behaviour you saw?

Thanks,
Rob

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/