Subject: Re: [BUG] in Setup (IMHO), concerning version scanning & extentions
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: Ronald Landheer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 02 Nov 2001 09:50:54 +1100

On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 07:51, Ronald Landheer wrote:
> Hello Robert, Chris et al.
> 
> When I download a mirror tree completely (using Setup, ofcourse), 
> download some more (new) stuff a couple of days later, without noticing 
> that some packs have not changed version but have changed extention 
> (from .tar.gz to .tar.bz2 or vice versa) Setup knows that I have the 
> pack - so doesn't download it again - but when it starts unpacking, 
> doesn't find it anymore.

That sounds like a bug. The new package should trigger a download IMO.
Do the tarballs have the same update number (the -1|-2|-3... at the
end)?

Rob

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/