Subject: Re: compiling snmp under cygwin
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: egor duda <[email-masked]>
Cc: n matrix <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 11:04:14 -0500

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 06:15:39PM +0300, egor duda wrote:
> nm> and I was wondering if you have managed to successfully compile
> nm> and and install snmp under cygwin 1.3.3.  Right now Iam trying to
> nm> install snmp Version 4.2.2 I was wondering how did u install snmp
> nm> was it a native install or did you actually install under cygwin?
> nm> Iam actually trying to install snmp under cygwin/Xfree86 which is
> nm> running under win2k. I would really appreciate if you could give
> nm> and tips or info on how to install snmp under cygwin. 

If by "snmp Version 4.2.2" you mean net-snmp 4.2.2, then it builds OOTB
under both Cygwin and Win32.  For Cygwin, see my attached build recipe --
note that make install is a little testy.  For Win32, use MS VisualStudio
and do the point and grunt thing.

Jason

Subject: net-snmp (aka ucd-snmp) build instructions
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 07:34:27 -0400

configure
make
make MAKE='make prefix=/tmp/ucd-snmp/usr/local exec_prefix=/tmp/ucd-snmp/usr/local' install
cd /usr/local/include
find ucd-snmp -type f | cpio -pdmv /tmp/ucd-snmp/usr/local/include
strip /tmp/ucd-snmp/usr/local/bin/*.exe
tar -cvjf ucd-snmp-4.2.2-1.tar.bz2 usr

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/