Subject: Re: How to debug inetd/sshd services?
From: "Lassi A. Tuura" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 19:38:23 +0200

> Did you try sshd -d -d -d? Or is it -v -v -v?

Nothing useful in there :-(

> Search the mail archives for posts about the SYSTEM account,
> especially from Corinna Vinschen. She details the specific
> limitations of the SYSTEM account running a service like sshd
> or inetd. Where it works from the command line, but not as a
> service, it sounds like the SYSTEM account could be involved in
> your problem.

I have read everything I could find, but haven't yet seen anything that
looked like the problem I have.  It might have been explained in some
other context, but then I have missed the connection.  FWIW, I have a
domain account and authenticate using a password.  Based on the most
recent discussion it sounded like this should give sshd enough
information to authenticate fully.  Or did I misunderstand?

Maybe if I try a simple question first: why would cygwin not set
cygdrive prefix according to the value under the HKLM tree?  I deleted
the mounts registry entry in HKCU section, so HKLM should now be the
only setting that could possibly have an effect.  Under what
circumstances this would be expected?

//lat
-- 
But in our enthusiasm, we could not resist a radical overhaul
of the system, in which all of its major weaknesses have been
exposed, analyzed, and replaced with new weaknesses.
--Bruce Leverett, "Register Allocation in Optimizing Compilers"

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/