Subject: Re: Apache/PHP Problem:CLOSE_WAIT sockets
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:54:36 +0200

> I don't know how many people are willing to download apache, set it up,
> and run it, to duplicate your problems.
> 
> So, you're welcome to keep asking for "the Cygwin Core team" to debug
> this but I suspect that you'll have a long wait unless you can dilute
> the problem into a simple test case.

the problem arises from Cygwin's socket handling in my view. 

In simple words: if many TCP connections are served by a cygwin
process (like httpd) something misterious happens to the socket
implementation and it seems to get bogus.  

> Or, if you have a failing condition, you might want to attach the debugger
> to it and poke around to see what is going on.  You will need to build
> a debugging version of cygwin to get any useful info of course.

I'm not in deep to cygwin internals to do this on my own, that's why I
kindly asked for help at the core developers.

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/