Subject: Re: Apache/PHP Problem:CLOSE_WAIT sockets
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Alvin Ng <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 14:09:22 +0200

> I'm using the Apache + PHP setup on Cygwin, which was self compiled. The
> plain HTML stuff that apache serves out seem to be ok, but anything
> involving PHP talking to PGSQL via TCP will run properly, but the port that
> served the PHP page will have a CLOSE_WAIT state after that. After a while
> of continuous operation the CLOSE_WAIT state ports stacks up.
> 
> Shutting down the Apache server also generates this in the logs:
> 
> ----------
> $ tail -f /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
> [Sat Oct 20 22:14:51 2001] [warn] child process 1000 still did not exit,
> sending
> a SIGTERM
> [Sat Oct 20 22:14:51 2001] [warn] child process 1136 still did not exit,
> sending
> a SIGTERM
> 
> [snip]----

that unfortunatly ok for the cygwin platform. We have problems with
apache for cygwin and signals. This has been reported to the cygwin
core developers, unfortunatly there has not been any volonteer to
track the problem in the cygwin lib itself.

First of all, which cygwin version are you running?

Does that meen the php script runs forever and does not output
anything?

How did you see about CLOSE_WAIT states in sockets?

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/