Subject: RE: inetd and sshd problem with W98 and cygwin1.dll v1.3.3
From: David Starks-Browning <[email-masked]>
To: "Flynn, Connor J" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 16:08:08 +0100

On Friday 19 Oct 01, Flynn, Connor J writes:
> On David's suggestion, I tried several snapshots of cygwin1.dll: 20011005,
> 2001106, 2001108, 2001109, and 20011013.  
> 
> By 20011013, both inetd and sshd were broken for W98 SE (at least for me).  On
> 2001109, inetd is broken but sshd works.
> 
> The latest snapshot that works for both inetd and sshd is 2001108.  It also
> appears to treat shortcuts nicely.

Connor,

Did you try the *latest* snapshot?  It's hard to decipher your
snapshot IDs.  I reproduced the behavior you originally reported for
cygwin-1.3.3, but it's working (for me) in the 20, 18 and 16 Oct 2001
snapshots.  That's as far back as I went.

Regards,
David

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/