Subject: Re: Updated: gdb-20010428-2
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 01:39:32 +0200

Christopher Faylor schrieb am 2001-10-19, 18:33:

>I've made a new version of gdb/insight available.

It doesn't work if you have set CYGWIN=check_case:strict:

$ gdb -nw mktemp.exe
GNU gdb 5.0 (20010428-1)
Copyright 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"...
(gdb) break main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x4011f0: file mktemp.c, line 85.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /stuff/utils/mktemp-1.3.1/mktemp.exe 
/cygdrive/c/winnt/system32/kernel32.dll: No such file or directory.
/cygdrive/c/winnt/system32/advapi32.dll: No such file or directory.
/cygdrive/c/winnt/system32/user32.dll: No such file or directory.
/cygdrive/c/winnt/system32/gdi32.dll: No such file or directory.
/cygdrive/c/winnt/system32/rpcrt4.dll: No such file or directory.
/cygdrive/c/winnt/system32/rpcltc1.dll: No such file or directory.

Breakpoint 1, main (argc=1, argv=0xa0133a8) at mktemp.c:85
85              char *cp, *template, *prefix = _PATH_TMP;
(gdb) 

My Path is:
/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32/ not /cygdrive/c/winnt/system32/

$ ls /cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32/rpcltc1.dll
ls: /cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32/rpcltc1.dll: No such file or directory

And the .dll's have also other cases:
/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32/RPCLTC1.DLL
/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32/KERNEL32.DLL
/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32/GDI32.DLL

...

No more fun with check_case:strict?

Gerrit

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/