Subject: Problem and Fix: Missing cygncurses5.dll...
From: Thomas Chadwick <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 14:44:54 -0400

Problem Synopsis:

After updating my existing Cygwin/Xfree86 install with Cygwin's
Setup.exe, I launched XFree86 and tried to bring up an xterm.  However,
I got an error that said, to the effect, "cannot find cygncurses5.dll". 
A little poking around made it apparent that the "upgrade" blew away the
file /bin/cygncurses5.dll and replaced it with /bin/cygncurses6.dll,
hence breaking the xterm build.

Problem Fix/Work-Around:

I found that by simply copying /bin/cygncurses6.dll to
/bin/cygncurses5.dll, xterm worked again.

Of course, the "right" solution would be to recompile xterm, but this
will have to do for now.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/