Subject: Re: More problems with subprocesses in 1.3.3
From: Andy Piper <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 11:06:21 -0700

At 01:50 PM 10/11/01 -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Ugh.  That's not normal.  (Honest!  We wouldn't release a kernel with a 
>bug like that if we knew about it -- and many many folks have been using 
>1.3.3 on NT for months now without any reports like yours.)
>
>Is there something unique about your machine, or your usage patterns? 
>(e.g. do you do everything from an XEmacs subshell, thus exercising the 
>fork/exec code more heavily than "normal", etc etc?)

Lots of fork and exec. I am running two large java processes (200Mb each) 
from within shell scripts in a bash shell. They also pump out a lot of 
output. The whole machine freezes midway through the run. The cursor still 
works though so I would guess that either all the CPU is taken or all the 
memory. My machine has 1Gb of virtual memory.

andy

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/