Subject: Re: More problems with subprocesses in 1.3.3
From: Andy Piper <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:46:27 -0700

At 01:07 AM 10/11/01 -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>>There seems to be a regression in cygwin 1.3.3 with subprocess handling. 
>>I have raised the issue before where it is impossible to ^C a subprocess 
>>that is running inside of a shell script with CYGWIN=tty. For instance 
>>running a shell script that runs java. However, the saving grace used to 
>>be that you could ^Z the script and then do kill %1 and that would kill 
>>off the shell *and* subprocess. Now even this doesn't work, if you do ^Z 
>>and kill %1 the shell script dies but the underlying process doesn't.
>
>Andy - can you try a snapshot of the cygwin dll?  There have been a lot of 
>changes in the process handling code between 1.3.3 and pre1.3.4.

Sure, although I am a little wary. Since I started using 1.3.3 I have also 
seen my entire machine lock-up (NT 4.0) a couple of times. When this 
happens my productivity goes through the floor so I backed up to 1.3.2 and 
haven't had any more lockups.

andy

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/