Subject: Re: RE; Numpy and NumTut
From: "Mark Hadfield" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, "'Jason Tishler'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'Cygwin Mailing List'" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "vinny vinny" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 14:05:58 +1300

Jason:
> >IIRC, I don't believe that the "--compiler cygwin" option is necessary
> >since Mark submitted the standard DL_EXPORT style patches to NumPy.
> >
> >Mark, am I correct or am I dreaming?

Norman:
> Unless you have setup a custom distutils cfg file see
> http://python.sourceforge.net/devel-docs/inst/config-syntax.html
>
> [build]
> compiler=cygwin
>
> You need to specify the --compiler cygwin
>
http://python.sourceforge.net/devel-docs/inst/non-ms-compilers.html#SECTION0
> 00312000000000000000

Gee, this all rings a bell but it's hard to remember the details... But I
have the current Cygwin-python as installed by Cygwin's setup, and no sign
of any distutils.cfg on my hard disk, and I managed to build the latest
NumPy exactly as I described in my original message, with no --compiler
switch.

Bao Vu (have I got the name right?) you probably have the most
out-of-the-box Cygwin & Python setup of all of us. Did you build NumPy with
Cygwin and, if so, did you need to specify the compiler?

PS. if anybody thinks this is getting off-topic for Cygwin I'll gladly take
it off the list. I'm not actually subscribed any more but I look in from
time to time.

---
Mark Hadfield
[email-masked]  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/