Subject: Re: cannot load php module in apache
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Joshua <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:16:22 +0200

> I'm trying to get apache running with php. I gave up on php4.06 as I got
> just way too many errors in mak, but no I'm simply trying tu use the modules
> provided in the cyg apache port ( http://apache.dev.wapme.net/ )
> I've got apache running but when I attempt to load modules I get this..
> 
> Syntax error on line 206 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> API module structure 'session_module' in file
> /usr/local/apache/bin/mod_session.dll is garbled - perhaps this is not an
> Apache module DSO?
> 
> In my httpd.conf file I have
> 
> LoadModule session_module bin/mod_session.dll
> 
> This happens with the php module as well and I suppose others.. Any ideas?
> 
> I both compiled apache with dso support AND used the binaries from the site
> with the same result.  DO i need to do something else then:
> install apache ( --enable-module=so  --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE)
> drop the module.dll somewhere (i put it in apache/bin)
> edit httpd.conf for module load
> ??

You are right -- the modules are "garbled". Sorry, this is my fault!

The Apache module API uses a special API version number to refer which
DSO/DLL module is compatible with Apache's core runtime. This API
version number changes within Apache if something at the API itself is
changed, which is not that frequently for 1.3.x.

mod_session.c has been compiled using apache-1.3.21-dev (a CVS
snapshot) and unfortuntatly the API version for 1.3.21 _has changed_,
so the apache-1.3.20 binaries don't accept the "garbled"
mod_session.dll.

Please grep a recent version of apache. Currently 1.3.22 is almost
before release state at http://dev.apache.org/dist or re-compile
mod_session on your own for 1.3.20 using the instructions provided
within the Apache for Cygwin manual.

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/