Subject: Re: Perl 5.7.2
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 18:29:09 +0200

> John Peacock schrieb am 2001-10-09 10:04:

>[good discussion truncated]
[more truncated]

[...]
>The problem I am seeing under Cygwin is an aberration, both for Perl 
>and Cygwin.  I had clean debug builds as late as last month.  It only 
>has problems under Perl-Built-For-Debugging (and three minor test 
>failures I have not gotten around to digging into).  Almost all tests 
>succeed (even with PBFD); the cores only happen when exiting the 
>program (during cleanup apparently).
>
>This smells like a CygWin problem, only under Win2k and only on certain
>machines.  If we can catch it happening, we can stomp it.  The problem
>is that anything newer than 1.3.2-2 breaks debugging under Win2K for
>me (and at least Roman Belenov).  That is a different problem which I
>think has to be fixed before we can get close to finding out what Perl
>is up to.

Well, though my debugger runs o.k., I'm getting also the stackdumps
during 'make test' (NT 4.0).  So it should not depend on NT version
that much.  There are two problems here: your debugger doesn't run,
bleadperl's 'make test' doesn't run clean.

Gerrit

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/