Subject: NCURSES messed up
From: David Starks-Browning <[email-masked]>
To: "David A. Cobb" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:05:02 +0100

On Tuesday 9 Oct 01, David A. Cobb writes:
> Since the recent update of Ncurses, my Xemacs is disabled because it is 
> bound to a CYGNCURSES5.DLL.  I no longer have v5 of the dll, instead I 
> have v6.  It is not convenient right now to rebuild Xemacs.
> 
> Is it possible to get a copy of CYGNCURSES5.DLL and put it in the 
> directory with Xemacs?

David,

Are you *sure* this is the problem?  I can use xemacs 21.1, 21.4 and 21.5,
built at various times in the past two years, and upgrading libncurses
(or whatever it's called) has never been a problem.  Are you sure it's
not a matter of following the upgrade instructions, re-installing if
necessary?

Or is this the "cygwin binaries" that the xemacs folks distribute with
a setup clone?  If that's the case, and it's really broken (not just a
matter of re-installing libncurses et al), you might have better luck
asking them about it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
David

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/