Subject: Re: Missing search.h in /usr/include
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 15:10:18 -0400

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 06:57:16PM +0200, Enrico Spinielli wrote:
>On Mon, 8 Oct 2001 12:11:56 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> >I thought these functions where part of standard C library and I am
>> >wondering why they are not part of cygwin distribution (maybe as part
>> >of gcc?).
>> This is a free software project.  So, if something isn't part of the
>> distribution, the answer is always very simple -- no one has contributed
>> the something to the project.
>
>Dear Christopher,
>I am not blaming anybody about not finding search.h nor I WANT it, I
>love open source! My e-mail was only a request for help due to my
>inability to understand why it does not come with gcc (to my knowledge
>a [great] ANSI C compiler)...

Once again, the reason it is not there is because no one has contributed
it.  That's why I answered your question -- to provide you with that
information.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/