Subject: Re: Perl 5.7.2
From: Roman Belenov <[email-masked]>
To: Ken Thompson <[email-masked]>
Cc: John Peacock <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: 08 Oct 2001 21:21:56 +0400

Ok, let's stop quarreling and return to the facts. On my system
debugging with cygwin-1.3.3-2 is also not possible - debuggee receives
unknown signals before reaching main(). I reproduced it on the empty
program (after encountering on the real one). It is indeed a
regression - downgrading to cygwin-1.3.2-1 makes debugging fine. There
were several other messages stating that debugging doesn't work with
1.3.3 and changing to 1.3.2 fixes the problem. So it seems that it is
in fact a bug. It doesn't mean that cygwin developers must start
working on it immediately and I (as, I guess, other bug reporters)
don't expect it, but it should be registered as a known bug and bug
reports should be treated like efforts to provide help to someone who
will eventually work on fixing it.

Ken Thompson <[email-masked]> writes:

> Note. This is not what you said the first time. This is what you said
> the first time
> 
> CygWin 1.3.3 breaks gdb under Win2K (cannot set breakpoints);
> 
> Chris pointed out that this is not true.  You then changed your
> statement.  I suppose if someone else cannot reproduce your problem
> with Perl you will change your statement again.  Why should anyone
> attempt to debug your problem if you are unwilling to narrow it down
> to something that they can reproduce.  After all this is a free
> software project.
> 
> >         1.3.3-2 breaks gdb debugging with Perl
> >
> >Don't tell me you cannot fix it until you can see the error, when you
> >have not shown any interest in recreating my environment, as specified
> >exactly in my earlier post.
> >
> >Needless to say, followups to /dev/null, since I will be unsubscribing
> >from this list immediately after posting.  Thanks for listening.
> 
> You would be banned anyway because you are unable to express yourself
> without using the F*** word.  I would have expected someone in your
> position to be more articulate.

-- 
 							With regards, Roman.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/