Subject: Re: missing cygncurses5.dll file
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "C" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 15:01:30 +0200

> C schrieb am 2001-10-08 13:51:

>I have the same problem.....reinstalling does not seem to fix
>it....however....in the /pkg/latest/ncurses directory....i have a directory
>'libncurses5'......unzip the bzip into your usr/local/bin (to keep seperate from
>others....easier to clean later).....and there we have it....a temporary
>fix.....

That is no good advice.
I just installed ncurses and all related new packages, 
no problems here... (mirrors.rcn.net, half an hour ago)

I did follow the instructions in the announcement:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!! WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING !!!!!!

To update your system, you must run setup.exe TWICE.  First, run setup
and update ONLY the ncurses package from 5.2-5 to 5.2-7.  UNSELECT any
other packages.  Continue until setup completes and exits.  Second, run
setup and install the new terminfo, libncurses5, and libncurses6
packages.  Continue until setup completes and exits.  You MUST do BOTH
steps, or your cygwin installation will be broken.

!!!!! WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING !!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is not that difficult.  
With setup.exe you may also repeat the TWO steps.

First step:
reinstall only ncurses package

Second Step:
Reinstall libncursesX and terminfo packages

If that doesn't work for you, s.th. different is broken with your
installation.

Gerrit

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/