Subject: Re: compiling GCC3.0.1 under cygwin
From: "Josh" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 22:04:00 +0100

I too have had some trouble with GCC-3.0.1, although no pertaining to
strerror.c.
I have made no modifications to the gcc source tree, and yet upon building I
get the following error:

$ make

make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/i/prgm/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/libiberty'
make[2]: Entering directory
`/cygdrive/i/prgm/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/libiberty/testsuite'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/cygdrive/i/prgm/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/libiberty/testsuite'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/i/prgm/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/libiberty'
make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/i/prgm/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/zlib'
true "AR_FLAGS=rc" "CC_FOR_BUILD=gcc"
"CFLAGS=-O3 -g3 -ggdb3 -gstabs3 -gstabs+3" "CXXFLAGS=-g -O2" "CF
LAGS_FOR_BUILD=" "CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=-O3 -g3 -ggdb3 -gstabs3 -gstabs+3"
"INSTALL=/bin/sh /cygdrive/i/pr
gm/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/install-sh -c" "INSTALL_DATA=/bin/sh
/cygdrive/i/prgm/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/install-sh -c -m
644" "INSTALL_PROGRAM=/bin/sh /cygdrive/i/prgm/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/install-sh -c "
"INSTALL_SCRIPT=/bin/sh /
cygdrive/i/prgm/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/install-sh -c" "LDFLAGS="
"LIBCFLAGS=-O3 -g3 -ggdb3 -gstabs3 -gstabs+3"
"LIBCFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=-O3 -g3 -ggdb3 -gstabs3 -gstabs+3" "MAKE=make"
"MAKEINFO=makeinfo  " "PICFLAG="
"PICFLAG_FOR_TARGET=" "SHELL=/bin/sh" "EXPECT=expect" "RUNTEST=runtest"
"RUNTESTFLAGS=" "exec_prefix=/
usr/local" "infodir=/usr/local/info" "libdir=/usr/local/lib"
"prefix=/usr/local" "tooldir=/usr/local/i
686-pc-cygwin" "AR=ar" "AS=as" "CC=gcc" "CXX=c++" "LD=ld"
"LIBCFLAGS=-O3 -g3 -ggdb3 -gstabs3 -gstabs+3
" "NM=nm" "PICFLAG=" "RANLIB=ranlib" "DESTDIR=" DO=all multi-do
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/i/prgm/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/zlib'
make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/i/prgm/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/fastjar'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/i/prgm/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/fastjar'
make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/i/prgm/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/gcc'
(cd intl && make all)
make[2]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/i/prgm/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/gcc/intl'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/i/prgm/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/gcc/intl'
(cd po && make all)
make[2]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/i/prgm/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/gcc/po'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/i/prgm/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/gcc/po'
gcc -c  -DIN_GCC    -O3 -g3 -ggdb3 -gstabs3 -gstabs+3 -W -Wall -Wwrite-strin
gs -Wstrict-prototypes -Wm
issing-prototypes   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -DCYGWIN_CROSS_DIR=\"/usr/local/i686-p
c-cygwin\" -I. -Ijava -I.
-I./java -I./config -I./../include java/jcf-write.c -o java/jcf-write.o
java/jcf-write.c: In function `make_class_file_name':
java/jcf-write.c:3304: too few arguments to function `mkdir'
make[1]: *** [java/jcf-write.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/i/prgm/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

thanks in advance

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/