Subject: Re: compiling GCC3.0.1 under cygwin
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 14:44:28 -0400

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 01:39:18PM -0400, Paul Brobst wrote:
>
>I've been trying to build GCC 3.0.1 under cygwin but have been running into
>some problems.  I ran the configure, which encountered no problems.  When I
>use 'make bootstrap' in the directory I ran the configure in I get an error
>pertaining to sys_errlist and a warning about sys_nerr.
>
>Specifically it says:  gcc-3.0.1/libiberty/strerror.c:465: conflicting types
>for 'sys_errlist'  /use/include/sys/errno.h:23: previous declaration of
>'sys_errlist'
>and
>gcc-3.0.1/libiberty/strerror.c:465: warning: static declaration for
>'sys_nerr' follows non-static
>
>>From what I can figure out is that configure is determining that these two
>things arent defined, sets its HAVE_SYS_ERRLIST flag, and is now trying to
>define them but it turns out that they are defined.  Do any of you have
>experience with this?  I am admittedly unexperienced with this stuff, so I
>figured this would be a good place to ask.

Read the mailing list archives.  This was discussed in excruciating detail
very recently.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/