Subject: Re: Fetchmail with what SMTP server?
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "David J. Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 00:45:16 +0200

David J. Wilson schrieb am 2001-10-05, 13:47:

>Hi,
>
>Just wondering if anyone out there's using Fetchmail...?
>
>I want to use it in conjunction with an IMAP server and procmail, but
>it seems that a local SMTP server is required for this.  What is being
>used for this?

You can use every smtp server that you can install on 
windows32.
I used for a long time 'dmail' from netwinsite which is 
free for personal use.  There are also several other free
ones. At last I used xmail -> www.xmailserver.org which is
really great and fast.

Now I use a commercial product which acts as a gateway/proxy-
mail-, news-, ftp-, http-, server/proxy all-in-one (mailtraq).

It is also possible to use fetchmail without smtp-server and 
pipe the mails directely to procmail instead.

Search the cygwin-list archives, there were lots of threads
with this subject in the last months.

Gerrit

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/