Subject: Re: system not working as expected
From: Mark Gordon <[email-masked]>
To: Jorge Goncalvez <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 14:49:41 +0100

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:38:57 +0200 (MEST), Jorge Goncalvez
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>I have made an application in C code it runs great if I launched it from Cygwin 
>Bash shell but if I launched it from Dos shell the call of system fails.
>Why?My cygcheck is 

<snip>

>  678k 2001/05/21 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\cygwin1.dll

Well, to start with you are not meant to put cygwin1.dll in your
system directory. It should only be in C:\cygwin\bin\ where the setup
program puts it.

If you want to call cygwin applications from Dos shells or windows
programs then add C:\cygwin\bin\ to your normal Dos path.
-- 
Mark Gordon - To email me replace spamtrap with mark.gordon
	If at first you dont suceed, cheat.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/