Subject: Re: 1.3.3-2: ps.exe bug for processes with a zero ppid
From: Dario Alcocer <[email-masked]>
To: Robert Legros <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 05:23:12 -0700

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Legros <[email-masked]> writes:

    Robert> I do have a problem. Here, at work, there are a few
    Robert> packages (shell scripts) running. They are part of an
    Robert> important B-to-B system. Up to now it was running with
    Robert> Cygwin version 1.1.4 and all its packages as from 29 Sep
    Robert> 2000. The system does work in production for more than a
    Robert> year now.                     ^^^^^^^^^^

    Robert> In that version (1.1.4), process creation gave correct
    Robert> PPID's and PGID's. And so 'ps.exe' did behave correctly.

    Robert> I should like to upgrade the OS platform. That is
    Robert> upgrading from Windows NT to Windows 2000 and upgrading
    Robert> from Cygwin 1.1.4 to its current version.

    Robert> * BUT IT HAS TO WORK *
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Have you thought about purchasing a support contract with Red Hat?
Given that you're using Cygwin in a production environment, I would
think it would be foolish not to.  Especially since you're doing this
in a business-to-business application, where revenue is involved.

-- 
Dario Alcocer -- Sr. Software Developer, Helix Digital Inc.
[email-masked] -- http://www.helixdigital.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/