Subject: Re: apache-1.3.x strange behaviour on keep-alives
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 11:04:28 +0200

> The first thing _someone_ has to do is identify _when_ the bad behaviour
> was introduced. Then it's realistic to scream "<cvs committers name>"
> Why, Oh Why, did you do this to apache and squid!!. Until then, there is
> no point.
> 
> If you want this solved, build a .dll from 1/2 way between, and then
> install it. If it doesn't show the symptom, go forward 1/4 the time.
> 
> I'm willing to bet that only four iterations will be needed to isolate a
> single ChangeLog entry that affects sockets/tcp. At that point,even if
> there are more changes in the time period, it's pretty certain which one
> will be the culprit.

ok, I'll start to check if 1.1.8-2 is working ok (which was a very
stable release) and then iterate as described.

Thanks Robert.

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/