Subject: Re: apache-1.3.x strange behaviour on keep-alives
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 10:00:30 +0200

Robert,

thanks for the reply.

> I'm seeing something similar with Squid on 1.3.3+ .dll's. I have not had
> time to binary search for the change that did it yet. Affected machines
> Are win2k, possibly NT.

The described effect has been seen on WinNT4sp6 and Win2000 (both
workstations).

> If you have the time to search for this, what you do is
> * setup a cygwin1.dll build environment from CVS (as per the cygwin web
> site).
> * pick a date - say half-way between 1.3.2 and 1.3.3.
> use CVS -z3 up -Pd -D "10th June 2001" to get the CVS repository udpated
> to that specific date. (run this command in src/winsup, and in
> src/newlib).
> run make in the build dir.
> copy new-cygwin1.dll to /usr/bin/cygwin1.dll
> Test.
> Iterate moving the date forward or backwards, in a binary search pattern
> (ie 1/4 of the date distance between 1.3.3 and 1.3.4, and the next step
> is 1/8th and so on.

Thanks for the instructions. The problem is that the effect is shown
after a couple of days incoming HTTP requests to the httpd. Usually
you can not simulate it using benchmark tools like apache's ab :(( --
so an interative approach to get back to a working DLL versions seems
very inconvienent.

That's why I am trying to ask the Cygwin core folks to assist me.

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/