Subject: apache-1.3.x strange behaviour on keep-alives
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 21:59:51 +0200

Hi,

I need some help from the Cygwin core developers on our Apache for
Cygwin port. Apache for Cygwin runs very stable and secure on Cygwin
1.1.8-2, 1.3.3-2 on WinNT4, Win2000, WinXP.

Two issues are currently open:

  * starting apache's httpd as a NT service via cygrunsrv. Corinna,
any advice here why this does not work? What major changes have been
needed to sshd to make this possible? Can I addopt them to httpd?

  * Apache's httpd childs serve HTTP requests, but under some strage
constelation the keep-alive connections stay active, even while the
client is away. So I don't consider this an Apache problem, but a
Cygwin problem on sockets. See
http://apache.dev.wapme.net/server-status for a snapshot of a running
1.3.21-dev version with this still open keep-alives.

Thanks in advance.

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/