Subject: Re: cygwin1.dll 1.3.3 seems to have messed up rlogin
From: Benjamin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Steven E. Bailey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 23:20:09 -0700

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 11:46:50PM -0400, Steven E. Bailey wrote:
> The 1.3.3 release of cygwin1.dll  seems to hang rlogin.  Both ways.  When I

I've noticed the same thing, but not been able to find any fix. Rsh is
also broken.

> but no information is being sent.  I'm running Windows 98 on a
> network with RH Linux machines.

I've had this problem under Win98 and WinMe connecting to Linux and
Solaris servers. It seems to work fine under WinNT (NOT using the
Windows version of RSH, but using the cygwin version). I use cvs with
rsh to these servers. Some of the rsh commands seem to get through. For
instance, 'rsh <host> ls' works fine. So it may be anything that
requires 2 way communication (rlogin or cvs server).

Is there a way to fix this besides using 1.3.2?

- Benjamin

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/