Subject: Re: DLL Win 2000
From: Danny Smith <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>, "Asbenson, Lyndell L" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 14:49:28 +1000 (EST)

--- Charles Wilson <[email-masked]> wrote: > > 

> The problem is, MS .obj format files are NOT compatible with gcc/ld. 
> I'm really surprised you were able to link at all.
> 

This is news to me. As long as the obj file has no dependency on static
MS runtime (or other MS static lib), on MS debug heap  or on C++
references they work, with mingw or with -mno-cygwin option.  The other
gotcha is struct layout, which can be fixed with -fnative-struct
option.

The usual problem however is dependency on MS libc[mt].lib

Danny 

http://travel.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Travel
- Got Itchy feet? Get inspired!

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/