Subject: winxp/winme duelboot
From: Roger <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:31:29 -0400

i have:

windowsme = c:\winme
windowsxp = c:\winxp
Program files (or program install paths) = d:\cygwin & d:\cygwin_install

i originally installed cygwin while within winxp, but now want cygwin to 
execute from within winme/98.

when i execute the d:\cygwin\cygwin.bat file which in winme/98, it complains 
in the console about 'no /tmp file, please create it' and then, once i did 
this, it then logged me into as 'bash$' but would allow for any programs to 
execute /usr/bin/ls /usr/bin/find , and so on (or just 'ls' and 'grep'...not 
sure if cygwin has similar paths, in linux now).

i'm guessing there is a 'paths' file that cygwin_install installs for 
win98/me systems?

one main reason why i have to use cygwin now is becuase ms's ie 6.0 upgrade 
disabled the 'find files' utility in winme (doh! dmt!) oh well, i find 
command line console much easier then their gui utilities!
- -- 
- -----
My pulic GnuPG key (in armor format) can be found at:
http://www.alltel.net/~rogerx/index.html

My ICQ UIN# = 21252173

Created with Linux Mandrake 8.0!
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/