Subject: Re: Building the cygwin.dll for other architectures
From: "Robert Collins" <[email-masked]>
To: "Jacob Hansen" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 23:06:50 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jacob Hansen" <[email-masked]>

Please keep you replies cc'd to the list.

> ok..thanks for your answer. Sounds like this is not a viable option -
I
> suppose a port of Samba directly should take a similar amount of time.

I don't know enought to comment

> Why can't I use LINKLOC to link object files created by gcc, and
thereby
> target ETS directly?

Why not ask on an appropriate list - as I have no idea what LINKLOC
takes as input and output I cannot even guess at the feasability of
this. If the actual platform has no source-level differences prevent
newlib, or libiberty from being targeted then this could shave a lot of
time off, I suppose, but it would make building your distributed source
very hard for your users.

Rob

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/