Subject: Re: How to make cygwin/bash shell work in emacs
From: "Ehud Karni" <[email-masked]>
To: " Roman Adar" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:18:20 +0200

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001 21:20:27 -0700, Roman Adar <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Adding the: (setenv "BASH_ENV" "/etc/profile") to my .emacs file did not
> solve the problem of the path, where the "perl" is picked from. It still
> stays /usr/bin.

Debug it. Check that you really set the Emacs env by M-x getenv RET
BASH_ENV RET. Also check the values of the Emacs variables:
`sh-shell-file' and `shell-file-name' (they should be "bash" NOT "sh").
Add set -x as the 1st line of your /etc/profile and check if it is 
called or any later command changes the PATH. 

Just to give you hope, I can tell you that it works fine for me and 
other users.

Ehud.

-- 
 Ehud Karni     Mivtach - Simon  Insurance   /"\
 Tel: +972-3-7966-561 Fax: +972-3-7966-667   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 (USA) Fax and  voice  mail: 1-815-5509341    X   Against  HTML  Mail
     Better     Safe     Than     Sorry      / \
     mailto:[email-masked]    http://www.simonwiesel.co.il

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/